How to isolate guest network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-26 23:28:20
Model: Deco W3600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I didn't a device search when connected to the guest network and able to location all other devices in the main network. It doesn't seem the default guest network option from the mobile app isolating the guest network from the main one.  Is there an option to do the isolation ? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to isolate guest network
2021-06-02 17:33:53

@AnotherName

How exactly are you testing? 

When I enable "Guest" and connect my Cell to "Guest", I can no longer launch the Deco App, I can no longer reach any of my streaming video hardware.

And while performing a network scan from my phone, there are no devices active except the router on port 443 and my cell.

The only thing I can do from the cell when on "Guest" is access the internet. 

I have an extended Deco M5 MESH. 

Options
2021-06-02 19:00:48

@AnotherName 

I had my laptop on guess and everything else on master. I ran a network scan using avast free antivirus software on the laptop. It was able to locate the other 19 devices on master network including the device type MAC,ip address and all port being used. 

Options
2021-06-03 17:01:06

@AnotherName 

Were you connected to Wi-Fi or via Ethernet? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1008

Replies: 3

Related Articles