Deco M9 Incorrect/Inaccurate Client List/Details

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-27 18:43:16 - last edited 2021-05-28 13:08:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all...

Having some issues with my Deco M9 setup showing:

1) Clients connected to the wrong AP - For example my phone located in the bedroom might be listed as connected to my hallway Deco (both in client list as well as Deco list) which should be so far away that it can barely connect. A speed test returns max speed and normal latency which would be impossible if the phone were really connected to the hallway Deco.

2) Clients showing wrong connection type - Multiple devices show as being wired, when most of them are phones (that I don't use a wired network adaptor with). I also have an AC that physically isn't capable of using a wired network connection that shows as wired (and connected to the Hallway Deco which is also not quite possible unless I'm crimping and laying cables in my sleep)

The property is long/narrow - so all the Decos are basically in a line. The client list shows all clients connected to the first 2 decos from the front (the main deco connected to the modem and the next deco which is connected to the main deco). All other Decos show as connected via Ethernet, but without any clients.

Anyone else facing this issue?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 630

Replies: 0

Related Articles