Access Control driving me crazy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-28 16:07:49 - last edited 2022-07-04 07:13:49
Model: Archer AX90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Archer AX90 which I am generally quite happy with. However, I a friend who, whenever he comes over, both his laptop and phone get added to the Blacklist under Access Control. I manually remove it, I turn off Access Control, and then reboot, and low and behold a few hours later everything resets again and he gets added. I have tried numerous methods, but it seems his devices keep triggering my router to add them on a Blacklist, even with Access Control off. What can I possibly do to solve this? :(

Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Access Control driving me crazy
2021-05-28 20:57:56

@frkrk ,

Don't have you router, but I suspect most if not all work the same way?

There is a 'blacklist' and 'whitelist'. Is your friend on either of these? Should have a 'Whitelist' enty with Access Control on. Yes, you need to populate the list with add devices you'd allow to connect.

Is your friend using the Guest Network or switching between Guest and normal due to movement around the house? He could have both networks on the device and it wiould probably use the strongest one as the devices move around?

However, this part, " it seems his devices keep triggering my router to add them on a Blacklist, even with Access Control off ", would sort of indicate a router problem and you might need to contact Support, or possible RESET the router to Factory and reset all settings to what you want..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 302

Replies: 1

Related Articles