Need to install wifi in 6 story town house. Advice wanted please.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-05-30 16:08:45

Hi everyone,

I've landed a job to install wifi for the town house of a wealthy client. It's in one of the big town houses in Belgravia, London. I've worked in these places many times but never had to fit wifi for a whole house and in particular one as high and as many floors as this one!

He's very fussy that it 'just works' all over the house, he does a lot of (financial) business from home, they have two sub-teen kids and his wife is involved in all sorts of celebrity projects. They don't use a lot of bandwidth, TV etc is coming from another source (thank goodness).

I've used TP-Link products for many years and have been very happy with recommending and supplying/installing them.

Looking at what's available it seems clear to me that a MESH system is the answer as I can add units to cope with any dead spots that may arise. The construction of the house is solid brick pretty much throughout with wooden floors and some pretty thick walls especially on the lower floors. Kitchen in the basement as is a cellar; next floor, large reception room; next is a dining room and at the back is his 'office'; going up again there are the bedrooms- mostly at the rear going up. Top floor is another large suite. Below is photo of a very similar house, they built them to last!

I'm wondering if I can put one unit on each floor taking care to make sure I've got good coverage throughout. If there's any noticeable dead spots I could add in another unit.

At this stage I'm anticipating that BT will be their ISP (they have an existing contract with them) and  have fibre in that area (up to 67Mbps)

As you can probably guess I need this to be pretty much foolproof. I'm very experienced with most domestic systems but this will be my first MESH.

Any thoughts or advice would really be appreciated!

Many thanks

Ron

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need to install wifi in 6 story town house. Advice wanted please.
2021-05-30 16:58:13

@MacWhisperer 

Ron,  

I agree that a Deco MESH will be your best option.  Please PM me and I'll be happy to consult with you on this.  I have dozens of satisfied Deco MESH customers. 

Jeff

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 1