How good are the parental conrols, actually?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-04 14:24:19

I'm considering buying a Deco for our home to keep my two [younger] teenagers safe on the web. I've done some research and it looks pretty good with categorized website blocking. However, I'm worried about the fidelity of the moderation section. Can this be easily bypassed? I hear VPN's and proxies can spoof the app so I can only see the actual proxy. Is this true? In the video's I've watched, it looks like I can see subdomains. Is it possible to see full URLS? The price tag of the Deco is pretty high, especially since we have our own Wifi system. I am willing to make a jump for it if it keeps my children safe, though. Thanks for your time!

(P. S. Which is better, the M5 or the M9?)

Options
3 Reply
Re:How good are the parental conrols, actually?
2021-06-04 18:28:06
Order from Amazon, trial for two weeks. If it does not offer you the level of granularity that you are looking for , then return.
Options
2021-06-04 18:41:42 - last edited 2021-06-04 19:04:38

@DAServices Just got your reply. It is risky as I've had my "battles" with the return system, but I will consider such. Thank you!

EDIT: After a few minutes of careful consideration, I think I'm going to try it out. If you are able to provide some details from the original question it'd be appreciated if you could answer them just so I don't waste time, but if that is not possible I understand. Thank you!

Options
2021-06-09 19:43:37
Honestly if you have your own wifi already, don't buy a Deco system just to add parental controls. They are ok but they arent worth the price and hassle you will introduce when better, dedicated systems are available. Your teenagers probably have smartphones, if so they can bypass the Deco parental control very easily by just switching off wireless. If i were in your position i would look at a device specific tool (a parental controls type app for each device they will use like the Google family system if you have android tablets/phones or apple screentime if you have iphone/ipads).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 3