POE Switch Doesn't Power POE Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 02:08:10 - last edited 2021-06-17 02:12:14
Model: TL-SG1005P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

So I bought a POE switch to clean up some cabling. The primary device is a TP-Link Access Point. Before buying these products I checked the specs and it would appear the POE switch should power the AP, but it does not? See specs and device info below. 

I checked the POE switch with a POE camera to make sure it worked, and it did. I then plugged in the AP to the switch, and the AP did not power up. I double checked all connections, etc., but still no go. The AP does work when powered with the provided passive power supply. 

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help.

Shawn

TP-Link 5 Port Gigabit PoE Switch - TL-SG1005P
4 PoE Ports @56W 
4× PoE (802.3af) ports providing up to 15.4W per port, total PoE budget 56W
Ideal for PoE IP Cam, EAP, Access Point, IP Phone

///////////////////////////////
TP-Link Omada AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Outdoor Access Point

24v passive poe
max power 3.1W

Supports both 802.3at/af PoE and Passive PoE power supply, and can be either powered by a PoE switch or the provided PoE adapter.

Options
3 Reply
Re:POE Switch Doesn't Power POE Access Point
2021-06-19 04:33:20

@Tony   

Can you help me with this issue? They are both new TP Link products.

Thank you,

Shawn

Options
2021-06-28 23:56:34
Hi: You confirmed that the Omada is working by using the supplied injector right? And by using the same cables to verify they work as well? I'm assuming all ports on the TL-SG1005P are PoE capable, and you hooked up the Omada on the capable PoE port? What does the link light on the switch and Omada show when hooked up? Should show link. Sorry, these are very basic stuff, not much else I can provide.
Options
2021-06-29 00:47:49 - last edited 2021-06-29 00:49:27

@magic_tp 

Yes to all your questions. The AP works fine using the supplied power supply. Then, when I remove the power supply and connect the supplied cat 5/6 cable from the AP to the switch nothing whatsoever happens (I also tried another cable). Nothing lights up on the AP and there is no connectivity at all to or from the AP.  The link light on the switch does not illuminate, it is a POE port and I've tried a couple of them which are known to work.

As I mentioned, the documentation for both the switch and AP from TP-Link state that they are compatible with one another? Could there be a menu setting for the AP I'm mussing? 

Thanks for your kind reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 2392

Replies: 3