Question regarding the setup of 2xDeco X60 on ethernet via Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 12:31:00
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hey there,

First post here, wanted to say hi to everyone 🤝!

I recently purchased a set of 2xDeco X60 and I have a "small" problem regarding the setup.

Right now, the modem is sending internet to my Switch Ubiquiti Gigabit UniFiSwitch 8-port 150W (not a D-link, as mentioned in the helper docs here) and I have the main Deco right into my modem, connected and working via ethernet, it works great.

Now the problem I have is that I set up another deco, downstairs that gets another ethernet cable from the switch (just as the above one), but it only connects via WiFi to the main deco upstairs. My wish is to make the second deco also use the ethernet that is coming from my Switch, the same way as the first one.

Am I missing something?

Thank you so much!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question regarding the setup of 2xDeco X60 on ethernet via Switch
2021-06-17 22:39:05

@GFabian 

The switch must get it's ethernet feed from the primary Deco not from your other router. That way the ethernet from the switch to the sattelite Deco will use the Ethernet backhaul instead of Wi-Fi.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 1