Deco Mesh Network in the Google Home App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-17 17:38:04 - last edited 2021-06-17 17:40:33
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 202110203 Rel. 68223

Hi Guys,

1. My Deco M5 network consists of 3 units; Main Router is hardwired to the modem with one of the satellite units upstairs and the other in the study on ground floor (same level as the Main Router)

2. The Units are named Main Router, Bedroom and Study.

3. I have successfully linked my Mesh network to my Google Assistants.

4. However, on the Google Home app, this is what is shown:

6. The unit at the bottom of the screen with the string of random letters and numbers has since been confirmed as the Main Router.

7. My question is how am I to tell the other satellite units apart? I have contacted TP-Link Customer Services, they haven't a clue. Google couldn't help because according to them this is a TP-Link issue to which they are not in a position to advise.

8. I've tried to ask my Google Assistant to disable the LED on the Main Router - it works.

9. When I tried to do the same with the other satellite units, my Google Assistant replied, "Sorry, I'm not sure which M5 you're trying to control."

10. I've also tried to turn off one of the satellites, but this is only reflected in the Deco app (one of the satellite units is offline), but not in the Google Home app. It couldn't pick up that one of the satellite units is offline. 

10. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this issue: how to tell the satellite units apart?

Regards,

Andrew

Sincerely, Andrew
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 759

Replies: 0

Related Articles