Parental Controls devices keep disappearing from profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-27 13:00:41
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.3 Build 20210203 Rel. 68223

The devices linked to the profiles keep disappearing, making the parental control feature not very useful. Every other day that I open the Deco app and look up one of my kids' profile, it shows devices: 0. This issue has been present for months and I noticed that it's hardest to keep my daughter's chromebook linked to her profile. It seems other devices such as iphone and desktop are linked tot the profile for a longer period of time, but the chromebook is harder to keep. I checked if she somehow set the chromebook in dev mode and is somehow randomizing mac addresses, but that's not the case. Creating a new profile to assign devices to didn't solve it either.

Another parental control issue is that blocking domains is not always working. For example, if I block Youtube in their profile they can still access Youtube, even after clearing the case on their devices.

I didn't have these issues with my old Asus router and I'm considering another solution, since the easy parental controls in an app was one fof the reasons I bought this product. I've seen this issue reported several times now and it's still present. Please fix this issue!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 490

Replies: 0