Unable to get port forward working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-01 06:33:29
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125 rel.39623(5553)

I just set this router up and am trying to port forward a couple of websites that I access remotely on a regular basis. This worked fine with my previous router but for some reason this new process completely eludes me. 

I've done some research and found that a Virtual Server is what I need to set up. I set up a virtual server for one of the websites following the instructions I found online. I have a port picked out and it is properly set on the websites I want to access remotely, but where I'm getting tripped up is where it asks for the internal IP. I'm not sure what IP address to put here. When I put my computer's internal IP, I get this message: "The IP address cannot be the same with the LAN IP address. Please enter again." When I put in any other IP address, whether it be my router's IP, or my phone's IP (my phone is what I would be using to access these sites remotely), it doesn't work. I can't get the sites to load.

I'm starting to regret purchasing this router, as it seems like basic functionality like port forwarding doesn't seem to work. If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 451

Replies: 0

Related Articles