AX10 VLAN IPTV VLAN issue (O2 TV - Czech Republic)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-02 13:19:41 - last edited 2021-07-02 13:38:20
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210420 Rel.39951

Hello,

I am getting a strange issue with with my TP-Link Archer AX10 (updated to latest firmware).

I am able to configure Internet and IPTV settings properly and both is working fine. The issue is with the IPTV which will suddently stop working for example when O2 set-top-box is turned off overnight. And when it is turned on again, the main program menu of IPTV is shown (=connection to servers is working, authentization was made) but no picture or sound is present. The only way how to fix it is to reboot the router Archer AX10 and then in few minutes everything works again fine. Rebooting O2 set-top-box does not resolve the issue and picture and sound is still not working. Internet is not affected by this all works the time.

So to make it working again, there is no need to change anything, all my settings seems to be correct. But I really wonder why this behaviour is happening. I also tried to keep the set-top-box turned on all the time and check if the behaviour will dissapear or not. Next day I have seen the the IPTV also stopped working (frozen picture from the last frame received ot message with IPTV stopped working due to network issue) and reboot of router was again needed to make IPTV working again.

Just to avoid any question, that it might by caused by wrong VLAN configuration on AX10 - 

As per official O2 ISP websites, the settings are used below:

O2 TV - VDSL

VLAN 835

O2 Internet - VDSL

Protocol                              PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)  

VLAN                                  848

Username                          O2 

Password                           O2

O2 ISP Profile is not available in Archer AX10, so I am using Custom mode and filling the VLAN information manually. LAN port1 is used for IPTV, other ports are for Internet. O2 set-top-box is connected directly to LAN port1. Priority for Internet 0, Priority for IPTV 4. 802.1Q tag enabled. Changing Multicast settings did not helped. Issue occurs also when IGMP proxy and snooping is enabled.

It seems to me, the IPTV communication is stopped or not recongize anymore after some time.

My plans are:
1) Test it with another ethernet cable (between router and O2 set-top-box)
2) Change IPTV configuration to different LAN port

3) Make sure the issue is not on the set-top-box side. Try the behaviour with another one.

4) Try to contact O2 support if nothing will help

Do you have any idea what could be the reason of this issue ? Will appreciate any idea.

Thanks,
Mike

Options
6 Reply
Re:AX10 VLAN IPTV VLAN issue (O2 TV - Czech Republic)
2021-07-06 16:22:35 - last edited 2021-07-06 16:27:00

Hey! I have very similar problem with Czech O2 TV and Archer VR2100, which I bought few days ago for my parents. I use same settings as you. The problem is that live stream does not reconnect after router reboot (parents turns the router off over night). After the start, logging into settings and saving IPTV configurtion (with e.g. changed priority) recreate the live stream. Note that only the live stream is not working -- if we time shift just for 1 s back or reply an old broadcast, it works. But this is probably because playing non-live streams uses standard connection and IPTV settings is mostly for the live stream in real time.

Options
2021-07-07 10:18:39 - last edited 2021-07-07 10:20:31

@czdosi 

Thank you for your input.

The issue seems to be really the same. Basically I am also doing the workaround to open Teether App - IPTV/VLAN setting - and doing here some minor nonsense change (for example changing VOIP VLAN which is not used at all). After saving it, the router will apply the new settings, connection is lost for a few seconds and when router is restored then IPTV will start working again.

I need to test what you said, if I will time shift any program to the past, if it will work or not in my case.

Anyway, it seems now more as issue on TP-LINK side with VLAN settings. Don´t know exactly what is broken when Internet VLAN is working fine all the time, but with the IPTV vlan there is some issue and it is not reliable all the time. :(

Options
2021-07-07 11:44:52

@czdosi 
Could you please tell me what generation of O2 set-top-box is used by your parents ? When I will have the chance to test the latest O2-set-top-box (3.generation, SML-5442TW) I will try to find out if the behaviour is same or not. At the moment I am using generation 2.1 (EKT DID 7006) where the issue persists.

Options
2021-07-07 15:17:07 - last edited 2021-07-07 15:18:41

@MikeMaster , parents have: iP4.tv EVO4-T. So it seems you have newer than we have. You can find more on this page: https://www.o2.cz/osobni/techzona-set-top-boxy/set-top-box-pro-o2tv.html?article=445365

But I believe the problem is in router firmware and maybe something special in O2 network. Today, I contacted TP-Link Czech help line and they asked me for screenshots of settings. And now they investigating the issue...

Options
2021-07-08 11:09:30 - last edited 2021-07-08 16:55:49

@czdosi 

Thank you. I also think the problem is not in the 02 set-top-box. At least I know this is happening on two different types of O2 boxes

Just for your information in my house I am using VDSL bonding, so the first network device from ISP is the so-called "terminator" and it is connected directly with Archer AX10.

We did not get any issues when we were using old router VDSL modem Zyxel VMG1312. Then bonding was done in my house and I directly upgraded to TP-Link Archer due to network capability and other features. 

Have you tried to run O2TV just via Internet, not via IPTV VLAN ? Does the issue still occur on your side ?

Please let me know if your will get any progress with TP-Link Czech support. Thank you.

Options
2021-07-19 09:02:49 - last edited 2021-07-20 08:43:40

@czdosi  

I have some update on my side.

I have bought the latest generation of O2 set-top-box (3 generation, used sml-5442tw for a very good price) and replace the old one . The LAN/IPTV configuration is used same as it was on TP-Link Archer AX10 side. So far everything works good. After first night, the IPTV still works, but it will take more days to be really surre if the issue gone.

One reason why the latest O2 set-top-box might be helping with this issue is the active sleep mode. When O2 set-top-box is turned off, it is acutally is some kind of active sleep mode and when it is turned on again, the complete booting process is not done as it was with previous O2 set-top-boxes geneartions. So you will directly get the main page and in my case picture and sound is working. But it might also be something else, let see.

I bought it also because of bluetooth remote controler as all my devices connected to TV are closed in the TV cabinet.

Is there any update from your side ? Did you get any feedback from TP-Link Czech support ?

UPDATE: After two days in use it seems IPTV works fine without any issues. :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1558

Replies: 6

Related Articles