DECO - behind firewall - need to open up registration / management dns/ips.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-08 07:02:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

hi guys

we have set up a deco system m5 and its sitting behind a firewall

i have no monitoring capabilities on it, and require a list of ips or DNS and ports to open, so that it can connect to the cloud so i can configure it.

i cannot open the whole thing up, as we dont know the ips. Please advice if this is possible to do and what are the DNS / ports to open up.

thanks

Angelos

Options
5 Reply
Re:DECO - behind firewall - need to open up registration / management dns/ips.
2021-07-08 21:38:48
If you have added your self to the administration, then you are able to manage that Mesh from the app on your mobile. No firewall modifications necessary.
Options
2021-07-08 22:01:45

@DAServices 

I am not able to as the decos are behind the firewall and its blocking the access.

So I need to know what to open so that the devices can reach the tplink services so I can.manage them from the cloud.

I will have a number.ber of such installations (more than 70) so I need to know what to open up to be reachable from the cloud servers of tplink.

Pls advice is or dns and ports.

Options
2021-07-08 22:44:58
I manage over three dozen installations, remotely from my Phone and tablet. In the Deco App the upper center is a drop down list of all the Deco Meshes that you have rights to. There is no modifications to be added for ports. Before I leave a site, I always add myself to the administration list.
Options
2021-07-09 05:28:10

@DAServices 

These installations are on a ship. I am not locally there and they do not have open Internet.

The ships firewall is blocking all but allowed sites. So unless we open up the firewall ports required for tplink deco to be able to get to the tplink cloud servers the decor will not show up on your deco app.

So I need to know what to open!

Its not like shore full Internet you are on. There every byte is charged for through satellite. So I need to knownwhat to open up for the deco to reach the tplink servers to register and to be able to configure them through the cloud.

Options
2021-07-10 15:41:14
Completely understand your challenges now. Have you contacted TP-Link support directly? They do not officially monitor this forum. Some of the TP-Link tech do interact here, but this is not the official support channel.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 585

Replies: 5