Where is bandwidth usage by device?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-08 07:17:23
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I see from these forums that people have been asking for this feature for years.

I just installed a eero at my girlfriends house a couple weeks ago, and I installed a Deco S4 at my house today. Overall, the Deco S4 compares fairly well against the much more expensive eero. However, the missing bandwidth usage is a deal killer for me.

This is such a basic and simple feature that I just assumed all mesh networks would have it, it never even crossed my mind that tp-link wouldn't have it.

I will be returning the S4 to amazon since this feature is a requirement for me.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Where is bandwidth usage by device?
2021-07-08 21:37:06
When you look at each node you see the overall Upload and download bandwidth. What number are you looking for?
Options
2021-07-08 21:46:28

@DAServices 

Maybe I described that incorrectly. I don't mean the live usage bandwidth rate - while that is an interesting number for determining device activity, its usefulness is limited.

What I need is the data usage by device over a period (day, week, and month).

There are many, many other requests for exactly this same thing here in this forum, this is not anything new...

tp-link's competitors have this functionality, and in my opinion it is a required feature.

Options
2021-07-08 22:41:32
Yes you are correct. On the main screen, Clients, right side - shows actual usage for that specific client, in the moment. No aggregate number over a period of time. I find the actual usage to be more useful, but to each their own.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 766

Replies: 3

Related Articles