Unable to set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Unable to set up
Unable to set up
2021-07-11 17:59:59
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Unable to set up either of my W2400s. Have followed step by step the setup instructions on the app. After rebooting Cable Modem with connecting Ethernet cable connected to W2400, I power up the Deco and see the yellow light and it then changes to steady red after a minute of so. Pressing the reset button has no effect at all. I have tried this with both Deco units I have. Any suggestions?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to set up
2021-07-11 20:24:18

@BH43 

Hello, 

If you bought these new, I would return them. Or open an official ticket with TP-Link Support at https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/ .

If you bought them "refurbished" or used, then I would suggest you perform a factory reset "The reset is located on page 2 of the owners guide." Typically you press the reset with a tool or a straightened paperclip hold for up to 11seconds and then release.

Once the deco reboots, then start the configuration again, following the manual.

Remember you should only setup one device at a time. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 298

Replies: 1

Related Articles