Setup access point to enable good wifi coverage around the house- looking for recommendation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup access point to enable good wifi coverage around the house- looking for recommendation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-28 10:27:14

Hi There,

I am trying to setup a access point network at my house to enable strong WiFi coverage. I live in a two story house with Ethernet connection running through the walls. I have a fiber connection for Internet at my house which has speeds in excess of 300 Mbps near the router. But upstairs in the corner room the WiFi signal fades to such an extent attending conference call is sometimes not possible. So I am looking for options to ensure that I can get the 300Mbps all around my house.

I did some research and found that TPlink devices are good for setting up Access points and I see Archer range as a good one. I have no expertise at this so I am looking for some guidance. I am thinking of using the ethernet ports to connect the Archer devices with my main WiFi router and then use the Archers as access points. Can someone please guide me through the following questions?

1. If I use two devices on two floors in access point mode and connected to the main router via the ethernet ports - would that create two different networks and require the devices two switch/hop from one to another?

2. Will this also reduce bandwidth?

3. If this is not a good option then is a there a better way to use the Archer devices to setup an accss point where there will beone netwrok throught my whole house and also not impact the bandwidth?

Thanks in advance for your help. Sorry if my questions are too basic.

Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 735

Replies: 0

Related Articles