tether app parental control not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-11 01:33:56
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 build 20200426 rel.69563

The parental controls are not working on the tether app. I have updated both the app and router, even deleted the app and reinstalled. It won't let me pause any device I have added and when I go to parental control I can switch the on button to on then immediately it turns off. Reset the router back to factory settings and it allows me to make changes when I log on from my computer but the app still gives me problems trying to use the par

Options
3 Reply
Re:tether app parental control not working
2021-08-15 17:51:40

@Joec52 

I have the same model and the firmware is updated.. The Parental Control in the App is not working, same as what you described!

Options
2021-08-24 13:55:45

@Joec52 

Same thing here. School started up again and I opened the app to turn parental controls back on. It toggles on but then turns back off again not allowing me to make changes to the controls. Very frustrating since it worked great just a few months ago. Hopefully someone from tp-link reads this board and provides us with a fix.

Options
2021-08-24 22:04:21 - last edited 2021-08-24 22:07:39

@Mkrueger see if children missed with it while you had it off, lol they smarter than us cause they check to see if they can change password etc. See if there's another setting preventing you from making changes like do you have to restart the Router ect for it to take affect or when you change one thing. See if you can do it online maybe.

Two contact TP-Link with ticket 🎫 sounds like software update is affecting others In Parental settings 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1978

Replies: 3

Related Articles