AC1750 RE450 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AC1750 RE450 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AC1750 RE450 v1
AC1750 RE450 v1
2021-08-11 17:52:53
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

When checking WiFi Detective on RE450 Range Extender, noticed one of the devices showing is Galaxy Samsung8 as a mobile device connected to my Ring Stick Camera. I don't have a Galaxy Samsung device nor have I shared access to the Ring Camera. Anybody know why this appears? I have a Motorola Motog6 mobile phone that is connected to the Ring Camera and the Tether App on the Motorola. Looked at my Router and it shows the IP address of the Ring Camera and also Listing the Ring Camera by name. Support for Ring and TPLink were no help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AC1750 RE450 v1
2021-08-11 18:23:03

@cccccccccccccc 

What is WiFi Detective?  Is it a network anyalzar of some type?  I can tell you that extenders do chage the Header of your MAC address to that header of the extender but that is how most extenders on the market work and because it creates a creater compatiblity with extenders and routers.  Other than that i would check the router's device list and verify the devices on there to ensure you do not have any rouge devices in your network. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 294

Replies: 1