re: Archer A8 - issues with Wifi connection to one particular device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-23 20:53:02
Model: Archer A8  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 210308

I bought this A8 new from Amazon about a month ago.  I updated the firmware to the latest version when I installed it.  Everything

worked fine except for one device (a Dell Inspiron desktop PC) connected via Wifi.  The connection is intermittent and slow when it works.

It connects fine via ethernet.  I troubleshooted with Dell and they finally had me take the desktop somewhere else and connect to a different 

Wifi network.  It worked fine on that network.  I have 11 other devices connected to this A8 via Wifi and they all work fine.  It's just this

one desktop PC. I've tried chaging channels and bandwidth and nothing seems to help.  I can put a laptop right beside the destop and get

12-15 mbps consistently.  But the desktop gets at most about 5 mbps when it is working at all.  I don't know what else to try.  Oviously the

Wifi adapter in the Dell is working because everything checked out on the other wireless network.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:re: Archer A8 - issues with Wifi connection to one particular device
2021-08-24 21:50:37

@Arjuna38 try updating the Wi-Fi drivers change the distance to where one works well on the router could be blocked by something in room or the Wi-Fi card is going bad. If all others are same work fine I'd look at Wi-Fi card   2nd and 1st see if there's any software that may have changed the Wi-Fi settings that other CPUs don't have on them or maybe 🤔 one person changed something themselves 

Options