swapped tplink unmanaged switch out for smart switch and ip cameras(wyze) stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

swapped tplink unmanaged switch out for smart switch and ip cameras(wyze) stopped working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-13 10:51:50
Model: TL-SG116E  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Not only did they stop working but when i try to set up a camera it complains about the network.  Is there a setting on the smart switch that would affect only the wyze cameras and not other wi-fi traffic? 

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:swapped tplink unmanaged switch out for smart switch and ip cameras(wyze) stopped working
2021-09-26 02:43:36

@johnnyyc 

I'm having the same problem.  I do know that wyze only works on 2.4 GHz, so I'm trying to figure out how to have the wyze cams use 2.4 GHz, but the rest of my stuff use 5 GHz.  Let me know if you find a solution!

Options
Re:swapped tplink unmanaged switch out for smart switch and ip cameras(wyze) stopped working
2021-09-26 03:11:53

@wasup43 

I wish I had more to give you but I did a firmware update on my ubiquiti AP and it magically worked.  Maybe the firmware update caused a true reboot of the AP. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 2

Related Articles