tp-link power line adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-15 20:17:40

my son is currently using TP-Link TL-PA7010P KIT AV1000 to connect his ps5 upstairs to the router downstairs. i have one TL-PA411 can i use this to connect my ps5 also in the same way? if so do i need to pair it to his first or can i just connect it?

Options
3 Reply
Re:tp-link power line adapters
2021-10-19 22:58:42

@garydp 

You can but it will reduce the over all network rates.  With powerline adapters the speeds are determined by the slowest adapter in the network.  I would recommned adding another TL-PA7010 instead.  You will simply need to do the pairing procedure to add it.  

Options
2021-10-19 23:40:46

@Carl thanks, i don't use mine that often so if it is switched off when not in use does that mean it won't slow the other one down? 

Options
2021-10-20 16:56:38

@garydp 

During the period that you are not using it just unplug it.  That way it will not be connected to the powerline network and affect the speeds. 

Options