AX11000: disabling SSH and Telnet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-17 15:26:49
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just purchased and installed a new AX11000.  I'm switching from an older ASUS router. I was able to get everything up and running including setting up port forwarding to enable remote access into my LAN via OpenVPN using a LAN based Synology box as my VPN server. Now I'm going back through and doing some further configuration to tighten up the security.  On my ASUS admin UI, there seemed to be a lot more control over disabling protocols and access although I'm new to the interface and might be missing something. I'm not a deep network guy but can generally work my way through configuration tasks.

Has anyone written a guide and/or is there any information out there around securing the AX11000 or similar TP Link router?

In the mean time....one of the specific things that I want to do is disable TelNet/SSH access. I have no use for remote WAN administration and want to limit all administrate access to LAN based web access. If there is ever a need for remote Telnet/SSH access, I would rather temporarily enable it at that point in time. Is there a way to disable Telnet/SSH access?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 753

Replies: 0

Related Articles