TL-WR841N Range Extender mode No Internet (Solid Orange Light)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-19 20:57:47 - last edited 2021-10-25 07:52:52
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

Hey!

I used TL-WR841N in my room as an extender to have a better signal and it worked fine for 2 weeks after initially setting it up. It stoped working today, after few hours of resetting and various different settings it worked again, until I noticed it's regularly being disconnected and reconnected. I thought it's an issue in extendo being to far from root so I've moved its location, and I could do that only by taking the extendor out of the plug.
once reconected it stopped working.

I've spend full day tying to make it work again, I tried what I understood, Static IP, Smart IP(DHCP); through Quick Set up and manual set up, but nothing seems to work.
I have no idea what made the extender work the first time neither what made extendor work temporarily today.
If possible I'd like to get simple to understand instructions which information you need so you can help me solve this problem.

Info that may or may not be useful.
TP always defaults to 192.168.0.1 IP/Default Gateway/DNS Servers
root uses 192.168.1.1 IP/Default Gateway/DNS Servers

When I tried changing TP to static 192.168.1.7 (other no. are occupied) nothing changed, solid orange light for internet and "No Internet" is still present. If anything I found it takes a lot longer for tplinkwifi.net to load.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WR841N Range Extender mode No Internet (Solid Orange Light) - SOLVED-Solution
2021-10-20 06:43:14 - last edited 2021-10-25 07:52:52

Problem solved after another reset.
Lady as IPS told me to make sure WPS connection is established (usually through WPS button clicks on both modem and extender), we did that one or two times. If that helped or not I don't know cause I did a full extender reset after the WPS button clicked.
I've no idea what exactly was the issue and how it got solved, but it works now, and maybe the WPS as in clicking WPS buttons might help to someone else.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WR841N Range Extender mode No Internet (Solid Orange Light) - SOLVED-Solution
2021-10-20 06:43:14 - last edited 2021-10-25 07:52:52

Problem solved after another reset.
Lady as IPS told me to make sure WPS connection is established (usually through WPS button clicks on both modem and extender), we did that one or two times. If that helped or not I don't know cause I did a full extender reset after the WPS button clicked.
I've no idea what exactly was the issue and how it got solved, but it works now, and maybe the WPS as in clicking WPS buttons might help to someone else.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 711

Replies: 1