Extending my deco m9 Plus mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-29 16:59:49

I have a network of three M9 plus , plus two power line adaptors and two pass through  
i have many smart devices especially external lighting .. frequently the external,devices go off line.

i was considering  adding more devices, shall i continue with M9 plus or can i consider other options like m5 etc etc 

one deco 9 is actually place on an outside patio , where two lights consistently go off line 

welcome any suggestions 

smart devices are compatible  with "smart Life" App

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending my deco m9 Plus mesh
2021-10-30 19:46:43

@Mickmca 

Hello, 

I have installed dozens of Deco Mesh and have never had any issues mixing and matching different model Deco Nodes.  The Primary rule of thumb is the Primary Router or AP node should be the most feature laiden one in the mix so start with the most potent  first ... AX6600 -> AX3000-> AX1800-> AC2200-> AC1300-> AC1200

So have fun and mix it up.  Just ensure that the devices are all from the "DECO" family. 

Thus far I have mixed, M9, P9, P7, M5, E3, E4, M3W, M4, S4, X20, X60. Obviously not all in one location wink

Also don't fear the Amazon refurbs, I have had zero failures using the less expensive "Refurbished" units. 

As for Extended connectivity from point to point: (this can be between Deco Nodes devil)

I have had excellent results using both PowerLine(pairs) and Outdoor CPE(pairs) for Point to Point connectivity over longer distances. 

Bear in mind PowerLine must be on the same side of the panel and ... AV600 usually10- 50Mbps, AV1000 usually 10-120Mbps, and CPE usually less than 2Km (un-obstructed view)

Options
2021-10-30 21:01:02

@DAServices thank you so much 

I was considering M5 

any draw backs ?

Options
2021-10-31 21:14:06

@Mickmca 

I love the M5 mesh nodes. They are my go to.  They have the Trend AV built in for z3yrs of Family protection and each has 2 Ethernet connections.  The Stansberry mounts allow them to hang on the outlet ! Yery nice. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 3

Related Articles