Firmware for CR500 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Firmware for CR500 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Firmware for CR500 v1
Firmware for CR500 v1
2021-11-23 00:30:54 - last edited 2021-11-23 00:54:57

Hi, does anybody know where I can download firmware for TP Link cable modem/router CR500 v1? The official download site I found as a result of my search doesn't offer any firmware: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/archer-cr500/

The modem/router has been sitting in its packaging for some time. I put it in service recently. My laptop keeps dropping the WiFi signal. The driver in my laptop is updated. I am thinking updating the firmware might fix the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Firmware for CR500 v1
2021-11-23 18:45:22

@ialvi 

This is a limiation of cable products. They are regulated by CTMS and firmware is only available as a push update from the ISP over the cable line.  Manual updates are unfortunately not possible.  You would need to contact your cable ISP and ask them to preform a push update to your gateway.  A note of caution though is sometimes the agent will say they don't do that.  That you would need their branded device for them to do that.  If they say that you have an agent who has not been fully trained or doesn't know what they are talking about.  You would need to request an escalation.  The escalation/manager should know that they are the only ones who can push updates to the router/gateway and be able to assist you. 

Options
Re:Firmware for CR500 v1
2021-11-24 16:21:44
Thanks! Will contact them.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 2

Related Articles