Extend wifi using ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-31 20:57:17
Model: TL-WA901N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I have a wifi signal throughout my house but just had a floor added on.  The new floor has very poor wifi, but I ran ethernet up to the floor.  I want to set this up so that the Access point carries the same SSID so that moving up and down floors with ipads and phones remain connected to the same network.  I set upmthe ethernet cable to make it a stronger singnal but cannot figure out a way to get the access point to carry the same SSID through the ethernet connection.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extend wifi using ethernet
2022-03-20 23:18:35

@Therecanbonly1 Hello. Did you change the name and password of the SSID on the new access point so that it is the same as the existing Wi-Fi network?

Options
2022-04-06 18:32:05

I have the same issue but I want to use multiple EAP225's including outside.

The TP-Link Switch has 4 PoE ports but I want to use the (Verizon) router's SSID.

How do I setup that? 

Options
2022-09-22 10:30:22

@Therecanbonly1 

Go for 300Mbps Wireless access point. This can save your life. I guess Tp-link have that defintely.

I have router setup in the ground floor. Someone recommanded me to have access point becase I have many family members always using internet on phone, tabs and laptop. I am using Sailsky company

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1068

Replies: 3

Related Articles