Help with WDS Bridge to my Mobile Hotspot with Proxy - A6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Help with WDS Bridge to my Mobile Hotspot with Proxy - A6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-05 16:32:21 - last edited 2022-01-05 16:54:17
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: V2 - 210226

Problem:

I would like to configure my A6 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Router to connect to the phone’s hotspot and I think the proxy setting is causing an issue that I don’t know how to resolve.

Background:

I’m temporally in a rural area where only dial-up access is available. So, I’m using an app on my smartphone called NetShare which works by connecting my computer to the smartphone but it requires me to set a proxy in Windows 10 to 192.168.49.1 on port 8282, but MS Outlook will not connect to a server and I would like to share the connection with my mom.  My current download speed is 138 MBPS when connected to the mobile network with the app on 4G.  I'm using NordVPN on the smartphone.

I was able to get the router to work on the mobile-phone provider’s hotspot but they throttle it.  I think the proxy settings are the only differences between the app and provider's hotspot.

Data from ipconf while connect to the smartphone app:

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.49.251(Preferred)

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.49.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.49.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.49.1

Data from netstat while connect to the smartphone app:

TCP    192.168.49.251:55282   192.168.49.1:8282      ESTABLISHED

TCP    192.168.49.251:55341   192.168.49.1:8282      TIME_WAIT

Attempted Router Settings:

- Advanced / Network / Lan/ IP Address

- System tools / System Parameters

Select Enable 5GHZ

Select Survey

Select the correct wireless network and enter the password

- Status / Wireless / 5GHZ

Make sure it shows "Run"

- Network / DHCP Server

Select Disable (I was not sure about this but I think the app will allow multiple users so it must give ip’s)

- Wireless / Wireless Settings

Select Smart Connect at the top

- Network Name (SSID): <Enter a name>

Password: <enter a password>

Network / IPTV/VLAN (Enable the ports on the back of the router)

Enable IPTV/VLAN

Mode: Bridge

Lan 1 to 4: Select Internet.

Can anything be done with Port Triggering that is located at Advanced / NAT Forwarding / Port Triggering? 

I thought that I might be able to connect my computer to smartphone via the proxy setting, then connect the computer to the WAN port on the router which would permit sharing but outlook would not work and I also do not know the settings yet.

How can I share the phone’s Internet connection with users connected to the router?

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 0