Cannot Get To Router Menu???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-10 23:02:31
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel 12163

Hi Folks,

I have an TP-Link AX6000 Router. Recently, I began having problems logging in to the router at 192.168.0.1 using the latest version of Firefox. It would bring up the login screen and I would enter my user ID and password (if I put the wrong password in I would get an error message saying so). After that, I would just get a spinning screen and it wouldn't login (see screenshot below). I tried logging in using Chrome and it worked. Now, it doesn't work with Chrome either. What can I do to be able to login again to my router? Do I need to contact TP-Link Tech Support. I've used CCleaner and Avast Clean Up to get rid off all the browser junk and cookies. I'm stumped and pissed off that I cannot login to the router to change some advanced settings which I cannot access through the Tether app.Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Roger

TP-Link

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot Get To Router Menu???
2022-01-11 15:28:38

@FriendOfJah So I put in a Tech Support ticket for this and got this response via email:

"Thank you for contacting TP-Link support.
For your case, please use another web browser on your computer like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer and try to log in to the web page, 
Or you can try to log in to the web management on your phone through a web browser. 

If still can’t work, you are suggested to reset the AX6000, then login to the web management page to set up. 
If still not failed to log in, please send us the AX6000 bottom label with clear model, hardware and SN number as well as the purchase invoice with purchase date, retailer and product condition."

Not very helpful response. I already indicated I tried using Chrome. I tried Internet Explorer this morning and that didn't work either. I really don't want to do a reset and redo all of my settings! This is completely ridicilous. Very poor customer service and technical support.

Roger
Options
Re:Cannot Get To Router Menu???
2022-01-12 00:11:35

@FriendOfJah 

What the spinning dots might indicate is a 'load failure'? Could be a bunch of things?

One could be your AntiVirus suite getting in the way, even the Firewall. A request went out for data and the browser is waiting for it to comeback? Maybe you've not set your ROUTER's IP Address which is the LAN actually starting point as a 'trusted network' so it is being blocked?

Otherwise maybe a Windows Service is failing? Less likely though.

What I'd try, 'pause' or 'sleep' you Antivirus for a few minutes and try again, just to rule it and the firewall out as the problem if it still happens.

Different A/V suites have different ways to pause the protection and also set a network as trusted.

Lastly would be a DNS redirection somehow (virus usually) on your PC.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 434

Replies: 2

Related Articles