AV600 kit containing a model 4220 unit - wifi constantly drops on android Phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 05:48:46
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Just purchased this kit and troubled with the Wi-Fi signal constantly dropping when connected to my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy note 20 Ultra).

Connected my PC running windows 11 to the same Wi-Fi SSID and occasionally seeing some packet drops but generally stable. Ethernet connection is generally stable as well.

Any assistance available with diagnosing this issue?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AV600 kit containing a model 4220 unit - wifi constantly drops on android Phone
2022-02-01 17:29:28

@Elfordwp 

When adding a wireless powerline adapter to a network, even when using the same SSID you are adding a 2nd AP.  When you do use the same network credentials what could be happening is your device may be hoping between both APs, the PLC and the host router.  What I would recommend to confirm this is configure the SSID on the PLC different than the router.  Then connect to it and see if it stays stable. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 1