USB Storage Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB Storage Device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB Storage Device
USB Storage Device
2022-02-06 16:52:20
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1.0.11

I have two problems with the USB Storage Device connected to my TP-Link Router.

First my configuration. I am using the USB to transfer files between two Windows 10 computers.
The USB is a Seagate portable hard drive that is self powered. My router is the Archer AX50 AX3000. Firmware v1.0.11.

I set up the USB Device as recommended in documents on the TP-Link Web Site.
The device is found as G with the Server Name TP-Share. There are three Access Methods; Network Neighborhood, \\TP-Share, Port --; FTP, ftp://192.168.0.99:21, Port 21; and FTP (Via Internet), ftp://0.0.0.0:21, Port 21.

And I have set Sharing Access as "pcshare" with password "myshare". 
The USB shows up as G (tplinkwifi.net (samba server)). I have created one Folder named "Share" and selected it in Select Folders. Everything appears to be working and I can see G (tplinkwifi.net (samba server)) and Share in my Network locations.

So here are the two problems.

First Problem, when I copy a File to G (tplinkwifi.net (samba server)) or to Share it does not show up. It copies but is not visible.
I know the file is on the USB because I can find it with UltraSearch. It is shown as E:Desktop\Share\. Which is a Shortcut to "Share" on the USB. 
I found that if I create another Folder "Work" I can copy the File to there and it does show up. I find that sometimes the File copy to "Share" does not show up and sometimes it does.
Very strange. How do I get the File to show up in the "Share" Folder consistently??

Second Problem, When I copy a File from the USB Device to my second PC I get a Windows Security Notification that says "Your Internet security settings suggest that one or more files my be harmful. Do you want to use it anyway?" And if I click OK then the File is copied to that PC. I have searched through the Settings on the Windows Security page and cannot find how to Turn Off or Bypass this Notification. Having to always click "OK" is just another step.

Thanks for any comments. From Members or from TP-Link Support.
GWMinUS

Options
1 Reply
Re:USB Storage Device
2022-02-08 01:14:03

@GWMinUSA 

I wonder if the "Your Internet security settings suggest that one or more files my be harmful. Do you want to use it anyway?"  is coming from your Security Suite, now Windows?

It might be because you never set the LAN to be TRUSTED? I have both Norton and McAfee Suites and in the Firewall I had to do that for the LAN IP Address range?

I think your FTP address might be wrong too? Mine is ftp://192.168.0.1:21 and points to the router? Seems yours,  ftp://192.168.0.99:21 , might be pointing to your PC?

If you do a NET VIEW \\tp-Share I assume it looks like this:

==========

C:\>net view \\tp-share
Shared resources at \\tp-share

samba server

Share name  Type  Used as  Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G           Disk
The command completed successfully.

===========

You can then use CMD "C:\>dir \\tp-share\g" to see the drive and even drill down into it?

Does that work?

Can also use NET USE to assign the drive to a letter on Windows PC and operate with File Viewer.

Does that work?

I don't have ACCESS AUTHORIZATION turned on though. Maybe that is why I don't see the problem? If so, if you turn it off, do you still have the problem?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 1

Related Articles