Trying to Connect two TP-Link Routers and create two seperate LANs(subnets)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-07 19:51:05 - last edited 2022-02-15 02:46:40
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Greetings all. I apologize if this asking too much, but I am trying to connect two TP-Link routers together(wired) and create two LANs. I have the primary(Router1) that is connected to the internet and has a LAN1 of 192.168.0.1/24. I would like to connect a TL-WDR4300 to that LAN of Router1 and create a second LAN2 10.10.0.1/24. I would like both LANs to be able to connect to one another, ie. if I have a host on LAN1 -- 192.168.0.11, I would like to be able to ping a host that is on LAN2 -- 10.10.0.22. So far I am able to, from LAN2, ping/ssh to hosts on LAN1 and am able to reach the internet. But the problem I am facing is being on the host on LAN1 and reach hosts/network of LAN2. I imagine this is a routing issue where it doesn't have a return path back from LAN2(Router2)?

I have created a document to illustrate my network, routers, devices, along with the routing table for both of my Routers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And perhaps this is not feasible with the given hardware, but would be nice if there is some solution such as adding static route on both ends or something of the such.

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Trying to Connect two TP-Link Routers and create two seperate LANs(subnets)-Solution
2022-02-10 03:46:30 - last edited 2022-02-15 02:46:40
So looks like it was NAT that was kicking my butt. Disabled it and was able to accomplish what I was needing. Now if I can figure out how/if I can do it on a ER605.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Trying to Connect two TP-Link Routers and create two seperate LANs(subnets)-Solution
2022-02-10 03:46:30 - last edited 2022-02-15 02:46:40
So looks like it was NAT that was kicking my butt. Disabled it and was able to accomplish what I was needing. Now if I can figure out how/if I can do it on a ER605.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Trying to Connect two TP-Link Routers and create two seperate LANs(subnets)
2022-08-05 15:50:04

@ryaninclt 

glad you solved this. But I don't understand what your thinking is. What was the design goal?  You may be just using gear you already own but a small router like the ER605 would support vlans would give you separate subnets(more than 2). Were you trying to create a DMZ? That's effectively what you have. 
Cool if that's what you wanted. Just curious. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2