AX3000 Archer AX55 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-18 04:54:36
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V16
Firmware Version: 2

Just got my paws on the AX55. Getting ready to set up soon. I'm replacing my Verizon G1100 with this one. I also have an AX20 as an AP in my current set up  which works great. My question is would it be best for me to power down the AX20 prior to setting up the AX55 as my main. The AX20 will continue to be used as an AP. Once the AX55 is up and running, then power up the AX20? Will I need to change any settings in the AP. I just want the 2 to work seamlessly and a trouble free set up. Thanks for any input. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:AX3000 Archer AX55 set up
2022-02-21 07:45:26

Hi @K9cousin   

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Actually, when you set up AX55, there is no need to power down AX20. And after you set up AX55, just connect AX20 to AX55 with Ethernet cable. 

Not knowing your previous settings on AX20, but if you want AX55 and AX20 to work seamlessly, it is suggested to change the AX20 wireless network name to the same with the AX55.And you can find how to change the wireless settings of AP in this guide: How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point?

If you have other concerns, please feel free to let us know. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:AX3000 Archer AX55 set up
2022-02-23 13:13:10 - last edited 2022-02-23 13:15:12

Like support already wrote, no need to turn the old one off. I setup an AX55 and had an AX21 already running. No issues. Both are setup as AP's as I already have a Cisco router in front of the ISP. Like he mentioned use the same SSID on both AP's and I turned on Smart Connect so there is only one SSID broadcast in the house. It sort of a poor mans mesh network now. Works better than expected. The only things the TP link devices are missing is a way to only allow WPA3 devices to connect. Also, like other vendors WiFi do now, if you cannot lock the security to one type, they inform you of what security protocol is being used from each client right on their web interface. We all need a way to specify just WPA3 so you can weed out the older devices you might not want on your network anymore. It must be a challenge living in an apartment with many others being able to sniff your wifi traffic or potentially using WPA2 Krack tools.

Bill http:\\cowlesmountain.com Traveling the USA in a 40' Bus
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1617

Replies: 2

Related Articles