How does blocking client work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-23 05:22:59
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Here's the scenario, If I block computer A it can still access other clients on the network and other devices on the network can access computer A as well. But computer A cannot access the internet. 

I'm curious as to how this works? I was thinking that somehow while computer A is blocked, the default gateway address is temporarily removed from its TCP/IP configuration. Leaving it only with the local LAN IP and subnet mask. Which would allow it to communicate locally to other clients on the LAN/Subnet.

When unblocked, then Computer A would get the default gateway added back onto its TCP/IP configuration and thereby allow it to access the internet.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How does blocking client work
2022-02-24 11:17:35

Hi @techie_19    

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

Let me give you some explanation to help you understand. For devices communication inside LAN, the data goes through the switching chip not go through CPU,but the network data that device access internet goes through the CPU. Router block device is handled by the CPU, so that if router block a device, then this device can't access internet but can still communicate with other device inside LAN. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1

Related Articles