Votes

Intorduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-23 23:19:01 - last edited 2022-02-23 23:24:03

Dear TP-Link!

I've been a long time user of your products for both myself and my clients, with good satisfaction.
The introduction of the new WireGuard VPN standard into your devices would give big boost for their sales. It's a faster standard with much smaller code than eg. OpenVPN and thus it can run on most devices with much better performance while putting less on the CPUs.
Don't forget your old deives thou. While some of them are able to run DD-WRT, which has WireGuard built in for a while, an official firmware from your developers would be more logical.
Furthermore, some other manufacturers have introduced VPN client mode, for which there is more demand. I've found no such option on your devices. This would be another good direction of development.

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Intorduce WireGuard VPN through firmware updates + VPN client mode to routers
2022-03-21 09:40:04

@DaSmith 

Thank you very much for your suggestions, we appreciate that and will log feedback to the related team.

We also have routers that support VPN Client, please check this thread:

Routers Supporting VPN Client

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3774

Replies: 1

Voters 1