Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")
2022-11-02 16:32:20

Has this been resolved for anyone? I have the same issue with the X3600 and all my Google speakers and it's becoming really frustrating. The issues only started when I replaced my previous mesh system with Deco.

Options
Re:Google Home speakers won't stay connected ("Hold on while I connect to the internet")
2022-11-03 18:44:57

@Amit_e I tried a bunch of things and could never get it to fully work.  I finally gave up on my W7200 2-unit Deco.  It's sitting in a box in the garage. Wasted $229.

I pulled my cheap old AC1750 out of the box and am using it again, just located more centrally (that's why I originally replaced it because it wouldn't reach the whole house from the corner office).  It actually has good range if locating it in the center of the house.  I had to move the cable modem to a nearby bedroom and then run a few 25' Cat-6 cables through the crawlspace to a central location on top of a cabinet in the living room to get full coverage, but it was worth it. 

I fought for months trying to get all 5 Google speakers to stay connected to the W7200 before throwing in the towel on it. 

Options
2022-11-05 02:35:15

@TimCO That's a shame. I am in touch with TP-Link support trying to get answers. Will update if I find anything.

Options
2023-03-19 17:51:22

@TimCO Not sure if anyone from this forum has found a resolution yet? This is being discussed on the Google Forums as well.

It looks like the issue is related to WiFi 6. If you connect your speakers to the 2.4GHz WiFi guest network, they stay connected. But this breaks casting among a few other things.

Re: ALL nest speakers randomly disconnect from WiF... - Google Nest Community

Google speakers keep losing wifi on new router ("H... - Google Nest Community

I got a response from TP-Link Support to suggest turning off beamforming. I did this and it worked for 3 days until the issue unfortunately returned. I can see a patch was released for Deco as well:

Download for Deco W7200 | TP-Link

"Improved stability with 802.11AC 5G client devices such as Chromecast/Google Nest"

But this doesn't appear to have worked. The only Google device this doesn't affect is my Google Home Max for some reason. Which is weird, because it's older than my Nest Audio's which do have the disconnection problem, despite having exactly the same WiFi specs.

Can this issue be patched, or are we going to have to buy something else?

Options