AX55 and RE505X OneMesh question again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-05 20:55:36 - last edited 2022-03-06 11:21:26

Dear all,

Please check the picture 6 of RE505X

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/range-extender/re505x/

What you see there?

The extender is outside the router range. On the same picture you can see OneMesh logo and WiFi6 logo.

I have got AX55 router and want to use my network exactly like in this example - I think to buy RE505X (I bought AX55 because of OneMesh).

But the problem is that I read on all support page:  this is not possible, because the extender have to be in access point mode and in this mode OneMesh isn't work!

Now my question is: Is this example true or the manufacturer is a liar 🤥?

I have got a FTP cat6A between and can use it for connection.

Thank You!

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX55 and RE505X OneMesh question again
2022-03-08 20:03:12

@BIOS 

We don't want customers to take the graphical examples as gospel.  You can also see in ths one that the extender has a larger coverage zone than the router. This doesn't nessarily mean that is true. Its just an example of how the devices work with each other.  Here is what is true.

• For OneMesh you need a compatible router and then at least 1 compatible Range Extender or Powerline adapter.  For the US those models are:
  • The Router would have to be in Router mode.  OneMesh does not work in AP mode. 
  • OneMesh needed to be activated on both the router and extender/PLC.  
  • Once cofigured the Range Extender or PLC adapter needed to be placed in an area where the signal overlaps with the router -this is what the graphic is an example of.  

If you need to know how to setup OneMesh look at this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DvY9TDiRWs

Options
2022-03-08 20:53:55

@Carl 

Hi Carl and all of TP-Link support team,

This graphic is on the box of my AX55 router.

You MUST read all laws about incorect advertising.

No more TP-Link in my life.

Regards,

BIOS

Options
2022-03-09 17:01:42

@BIOS

There is a difference between advertising and provide a visual example of how a device might work.  I can't say how that is considered in Bulgaria as this specific community is centered on the U.S. and U.S. products, but I would assume they are looked at similar.  This also doesn't take away from if you have questions or concerns that you can engage with support directly, as you are now.  Look at this specifications and read the user guide on our official website.   Nothing is ever hidden from our customers.  We do our best to make sure you have all the information you need at your fingertips. We have a informational splash page for OneMesh with details and common questions about the service or if you need to you can contact your region's support for assistance. 

Options
2022-03-09 18:51:31

@Carl 

😁 

1. Carl, this picture are on the box whithout text "is not real" 😁 you are in USA Carl, not in China 😁

2. What you know about GDPR? 😁

You have no rights to share my location! 🤣

I'll repeat: No more TP-Link in my life!

All the best Carl!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 641

Replies: 4