TP-Link Archer C50, V2, behind Google WiFi Router; how to access TP Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-07 17:03:33 - last edited 2022-03-09 03:45:12
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 0.8.0.0.3

Don't know if this can even be done; 

I've recently gotten Google Fiber, and of course the the Google WiFi router.   I put  a TP-Link Archer C50, V2, behind it to provide some more ports to other items, (like my VOIP phone adapter, in another room, ) and wired to my smart TV; 

I can see the C50 and its address, (edit:  that is 192.168.86.29) using the Google Home app on my phone, but I can't log into the C50 via that address;  All I get is 'site can't be reached - took to long to respond' I have to have the C50's Wi-fi enabled and log into it's management page via the internal address (defaults to 192.168.0.1, FWIW). 

Is this not possible, behind Google WiFi?  Am I missing something?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link Archer C50, V2, behind Google WiFi Router; how to access TP Link
2022-03-08 09:18:15

Hi @kb4mdz      

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

It is suggested to set Archer C50 as access point mode and give it an IP address of the same network segment as Google WiFi router. In that case, no matter you are connecting to Google Wi-Fi router or Archer C50, you can access to Archer C50 through this IP address.  

Here is the guidance: How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 1

Related Articles