Votes

Allowing onemesh with two cabled routers (ethernet backhaul between routers)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-13 04:01:27 - last edited 2022-03-13 04:02:45
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Could you enable the onemesh functionality between multiple cabled routers, please?

I have a onemesh router Archer C6 connected per cable to a onemesh Archer VR2100 router (which is onemesh connected to repeaters).

Right now I cannot have the C6 router inside the onemesh. The C6 is currently connected in Accespoint Mode.

There are a number of threads related to that but not sure which one is more relevant. 

Alike asked in this thread here:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/262370

Related to:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/235540

Options
4 Reply
Re:Allowing onemesh with two cabled routers (ethernet backhaul between routers)
2022-03-14 22:15:25

@Creyza 

At this time OneMesh can only have a single router in the network.  This router has to be in Router mode.  The satellites can be range extenders or powerline adapters.  Also at this time OneMesh does not support Ethernet Backhaul at this time.  

Options
2022-03-14 22:21:10

@Carl 

Thanks for your swift reply.  Any chance that this could be added as a future feature? 

Thanks! 

Options
2022-03-14 23:33:17

@Creyza 

Its very likely.  I am not sure if its on the roadmap but there are other features like WiFi Alliance's EasyMesh, which was annouced at our booth at CES as comming later this year.  That will for sure allow mutlple compatible routers in one mesh networrk.

Options
2022-03-15 08:49:57

@Carl 

Thanks.  This sounds great. I am already very happy how easy it was to set up my E550, VR2100 (in the Mesh), and further extend my WiFi per cable to another part of the house with the C6.

With the feature you have mentioned a smooth transition between these will work perfectly.

Looking forward to! 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 722

Replies: 4

Voters 1