Can I combine a Deco Mesh network with powerline adapters?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-13 05:15:47 - last edited 2022-03-13 06:28:19

I recently purchased a TL-7517 Kit and an additional powerline adapter. Due to DSL wiring issues, my router is located at one end of my house and because I have a block home, a wireless signal is almost non-existent on the other end of the home. I previously had a network extender set up at a mid-point in my home but the wireless signal it was transmitting was not strong enough to stream on my televison on the other end of the house. Someone suggested a powerline adapter. The powerline adapter that I have connected via ethernet to the TV in the family room works great. My issue is with the wireless powerline adapter unit at the mid-point in my home. It keeps dropping the powerline signal. I have troubleshot every possible scenario (updated firmware, turn off power-save mode, etc) and nothing has fixed the issue. I read on the forum that some people had success with setting up a continuous ping to their router, but I don't want to have to leave my computer running all the time to accomplish this. At least once a day, I have to unplug the wireless powerline adapter, take it into the room with the powerline adapter that is connected to my router and re-pair the units. 

What I would like to know is if I could set up a Deco Mesh WiFi network and continue to use a powerline adapter with it? I want to keep the television in the family room connected through the powerline adapter so that I have a consistent signal. It is a Samsung television and unlike my Vizio, if the internet signal isn't at a minimum threshold, it just won't connect to the wi-fi network, period. I have searched on the forum and on the internet and I can't find a definitive answer. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I combine a Deco Mesh network with powerline adapters?
2022-03-14 14:29:57

@Socolisa 

Yes you can.  The Powerline device is simply extending a physical thernet wired connection. 

I recommend using the TP-Link AV powerline devices. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1976

Replies: 1