easy question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

easy question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
easy question
easy question
2022-03-17 17:01:53

I have a TL-WA855RE which I have used with a netgear modem and now want to use it with an arris modem. Do I need to reset it first or just follow the WPS setup without resetting?

Options
3 Reply
Re:easy question
2022-03-17 17:57:51

@1234adams 

Yes if you are going to pair it to a new router you will need to reset it to factory defaults and start anew. 

Options
2022-03-17 19:09:19

@Carl Thanks and the user guide says to simply insert a pin (paperclip) in the reset hole. Much later it says to use the app after the pin in the hole. Which is it? Just the pin or the pin and the app? I've used apple extenders for years and with them it was just the pin. I habe used this one for about three years and it works great by the way.

Options
2022-03-18 19:01:31

@1234adams 

Just the pin is needed.  That will restore the extender to defaults.  What the app was mentioning is that it may show as a unreachable device so you just need to swipe left to delete it.  Once its configure or if you decide to use the app to configure it you will be able to store it in the app on the new network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 3

Related Articles