Suddenly some devices can access the internet and some can't, they were all working until yesterday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Suddenly some devices can access the internet and some can't, they were all working until yesterday

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-25 04:10:22
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563

I have Archer AX3000 router. It is approx. 8 months old. The firmware says it's up to date.

Hardwired to the router is a model TL-PA9020P ver. 4.8 broadcast unit for powerline range extenders.

Paired to the broadcast unit (via house wiring) is another TL-PA9020P ver. 4.8 receiver, and an additional 3 wpa4220 ver. 4.8 receivers throughout the house. 

Everything was working fine, for months, until yesterday.

I connected a URAY H.264/H.265 encoder to the router via ethernet cable thru the TL-PA9020P receiver.

Then in the main router I set a staic IP address and port forarding for the encoder.

The encoder is working as it should meaning you can use the VLC app with the IP address of the encoder and see whatever it is streaming remotely through the internet.

The port mapping for the encoder is external ports 9999 & 10000 to internal ports 8086 & 554 respectively.

Not totally sure this caused the problem, or how it could, but now some devices in the house can connect to the main router and the range extenders, and others can't

Devices that work:

Almost brand new Alienware desk top (wireless)

Android S8 galaxy phone (wireless)

(4) Amazon firesticks (wireless)

URAY encoder (hardwired)

(2) Xboxes (hardwired)

Devices that don't work:

Amazon Fire TV (wireless, and yet the firesticks work fine)

8-9 year old HP desktop (won't work wireless or even with a hardwire to the main router)

2-3 year old Dell laptop (wireless, no ethernet port)

Another 2-3 old Dell laptop (won't work wireless or hardwired to the modem)

(2) Pixel phones (wireless, work on the main router network but not the range extenders)

(2) Nintendo switches (wireless)

Apple iPhone 5 (wireless)

(2) Apple iPads

Not sure that's everything but hopefully you get the flavor.

I tried setting static IP addresses for the iPhone and one iPad. Then they would at least connect to the wifi networks instead of spinning endlessly, but they still don't have any internet.

The hardwire ethernet cable for the old HP desktop says it doesn't have a valid IP configuration.

I have done IP address reservations and port forwarding before for other devices, Tablo DVRs with no problem. And again, the URAY encoder is doing what it's supposed to.

The only possible thing I can think of is I did briefly play with the Whitelist/Blacklist settings. Didn't need to, was just curious. But pretty sure nothing got changed or saved there. In fact, I can't find anything that's on the Blacklist. I can't even get the Blacklist to show up at all.

I have looked around alot and haven't found any definitive answers. All the recommended setting tweaks are for settings I have never touched since the router was new, in fact didn't know about most of them. Point is it's all worked perfectly for months and then WAM, now it's broken.

I'm at the point where all I know to try is reset everything to factory settings and start over.

Hoping somebody here knows a simpler solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 0

Related Articles