Archer CR 700, would like to update it to latest version. Can I update it to ver. 2, latest?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer CR 700, would like to update it to latest version. Can I update it to ver. 2, latest?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-31 23:16:26
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Build 20160812 Rel515810

I have a cable modem  Archer CR 700 ver 1.1.0 Build 20160812 Rel515810;

would like to update it to the latest version.

This original version is very weaky to say the least. it's like a toy (IMO) so I would like to use SNMP, change the admin name (if possible) and more...Am I dreaming? I know its not a Zisco device, but for the money expent, have no much to complaint. Just want to squizze this thing..make juice and mix it with Kool Aid....if you know what i mean...

last...Where I can download it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer CR 700, would like to update it to latest version. Can I update it to ver. 2, latest?
2022-04-01 00:30:28

@Dr_Dunot 

The version is determined by the hardware revision.  So you wouldn't be able to update that part.  The build and revision are the Firmware details.  Normally a router update is on our website, however Cable devices were and are different.  With these devices updates are regulated through cable companies and can only be updated by your ISP through an update push from the ISP through the cable line. You can reach out to your ISP and ask them to push an update request, though you may get a uniformed level 1 agent who tells you that they can't do this because its not their device.  This is 100% inaccurate and you may need to contact a level 2 or 3 tech there to get someone who knows what they are doing.  Still you may already be on the latest frimware.  FW support typically ends once a product is End of Life, unless its a security or major bug being addressed. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 1