Not Happy New TP Link Customer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-13 00:34:36

Hi All

Just dropped over 5 Bills (CAD) on a TP Link Ax11000.  Opened it up to find it's version 1.  Read around as much as I could (or wanted to), and it seems that the US/EUR version 2 is an updated HW unit that you seemingly can't update by firmware. (I really should not have had to even look to see if it was old or new, the well known and respected reseller's ad said "New").

Dropped a ticket into tech support requesting a definitive list of the difference(s) between versions 1 and 2 (none of the usual "it's probably...", "it  might be..." kind of responses will be accepted).  TP link went to version 2 for whatever reason(s), and i just landed myself a fresh, new, old version 1 out of the box.

Pretty miffed I might say.  Got my RMA in hand, just waiting for TP link's reply and where that takes me.  Not afraid to say that if there's a hardware difference/feature/update that would prove beneficial, this puppy is going back and I won't be back to TP Link.

TP Link may want to avoid this type of first impression by getting their old stock off the shelves before they push the new stuff out..

NQR

Options
2 Reply
Re:Not Happy New TP Link Customer
2022-04-14 22:55:46

@NotQuiteRight it's typically up to the retailer, not the manufacturer, to clear out old stock.

That said, I'm not a happy customer either.  If you think the buying experience was bad, wait til you've had the thing for 3 months and need tech support.

Options
Re:Not Happy New TP Link Customer
2022-04-16 00:42:24

@NotQuiteRight 

Usually it is a change due to production site change, different power supply, chipset, but the function and performance will not change.

Ahh, a quick Google found this was asked and answered before.

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/501180

If you are not satisfied, I'd reply back in that thread and ask for more details.

Options