Trying to flash OpenWrt on TL-WR902AC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-04-22 06:16:27 - last edited 2022-04-22 06:40:00
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: TL-WR902AC(US)_V3_191209

Hello all..

I am trying to flash a newer OpenWrt firmware on this travel router.  There is a nice travel package I want to try out.

The issue is,  I try to update the router,  it does not accept the file.  Have renamed it to the appropriate name of a backup file, won't work.

Tried TFTP,  not working.  I think it said something about invalid file. It's been a few weeks since I tried, can get clearer on details later on.

I am pretty sure I did successfully load an OpenWrt version before.  Not sure if it's something I'm missing this time,  or if something has changed.

The difference might be,  I had checked for a later TP-Link stock SW for the router and loaded up the most recent version.

Wondering now if the later version won't let 3d party uploads or something.  Anyone know anything about this,  or have similar experiences?

Have yet to try older versions of the stock TP-Link FW to test if this is the issue.

Thanks..

Jon

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1025

Replies: 0

Related Articles