Slow Internet Speed with Deco M9 Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-25 01:02:11
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

I am getting slow speed with Deco M9 Plus

My internet speed is 150/15. When I put my ISP modem in non-bridge mode, and connect directly to it via. 5G. I can get 180/16Mbps.

However, once I place my modem in bridge mode, and have it connected to my Deco M9.

I can only get 90/15Mbps with the speedtest function via. Deco app.

I have already changed the QOS settings from this guide as well as following all other advice written. I cannot maximize my connection -

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2429/

Please advise.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow Internet Speed with Deco M9 Plus
2022-05-25 18:27:49

@MisterChew 

I am going to point you to a thread that we had last week that may hopefully answer some of your questions:

How does 1.3Gbps WiFi only get 212Mbps????

The key things to remember is that the connection speed that is being tested is actually the speed to a specific server location. This means that there are a huge variety of factors at play when testing and comparing speeds, especially across brands and across speed test methods/services. Can you try to use another speed test service on both setups and try to use a wired connection to determine what is slowing the system down. 

When placing an ISP modem into bridge mode, there are settings that can also be changed that may affect the speed of the overall connection and security. I would attempt to log in to the ISP modem through its Web Interface and ensure that the settings are how you would like them to be configured for your new network.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options