x20 Optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

x20 Optimization

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
x20 Optimization
x20 Optimization
2022-05-27 17:47:47
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210204 Rel. 50738

Forgive my rant as I am already facing issues with ATT and am forced to use Wifi calling at home in the middle of the suburbs.  I bought the mesh system to increase home coverage but my call quality is terrible as I roam around my house.  I can only conclude that it is due to my Deco needing optimization every time I check.  It is beyond me that the software running on the device cannot contain a script to analyze the channels and autooptimize on its own.  This needs to be fixed soon or I'll have to upgrade my wireless once again and it will never be a TP Link product again.

Options
3 Reply
Re:x20 Optimization
2022-05-28 14:30:40

@Schultz 

Schultz wrote

Forgive my rant as I am already facing issues with ATT and am forced to use Wifi calling at home in the middle of the suburbs.  I bought the mesh system to increase home coverage but my call quality is terrible as I roam around my house.  I can only conclude that it is due to my Deco needing optimization every time I check.  It is beyond me that the software running on the device cannot contain a script to analyze the channels and autooptimize on its own.  This needs to be fixed soon or I'll have to upgrade my wireless once again and it will never be a TP Link product again.

IMHO, the option for Network Optimization is only there to satisfy some individuals obsession for control.  As I learned decades ago control is an illusion. Just let the optimization alone, as I do not believe that it actually does ANYTHING!

First off there should be no reason for brand new SSIDs to be popping up on a regular basis, or your neighbors are doing the same thing and changing their Wi-Fi frequency, on a regular basis. If that is the case then you will be down this rabbit hole forever.   

Personally we have been using Wi-Fi calling for many years, due to our home's stone construction, its like living in a Faraday cage.  I have found that Wi-Fi calling works best on some Android based cells, specifically LG and Pixel and horribly on others specifically Samsung cells. Prior to iPhoine 13, iPhones have also been a mixed bag. 

So I seriously doubt that it is your Deco X20's fault that Wi-Fi calling is failing, unless you have modified Wi-Fi defaults on the Decos. Or your Decos are positioned at such a distance apart, that your cell drops the Wi-Fi signal, before it can move to the next Deco node. 

Options
2022-05-28 14:58:12
My reasoning for saying that "Network Optimization" is not real; I use Wifi Analyzer v3.11.2 by Kevin Yuan It tells me that my Wi-Fi is: 2.4GHz - Channels 3+7 5GHz - Channel 36 Wifi Analyzer also tells me that a better option for 2.4GHz would be 9+13. I run Deco Network Optimization and is tells me that "All is Perfect". Obviously it is not. I have next door neighbor SSIDs on channels 3 and channel 6 No matter how many times I run the optimization, it never changes frequencies.
Options
2022-05-29 20:45:29
This isn't a "control thing". My previous wireless router, an Asus, as well as what I can tell from my neighbor's routers, is that their devices, and my Asus is smart enough to swing clients to different channels during congestion over overlapping channels. It is a basic feature that should be assumed in any modern wifi router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 3

Related Articles