4 vs 5 Deco X20 nodes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

4 vs 5 Deco X20 nodes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
4 vs 5 Deco X20 nodes
4 vs 5 Deco X20 nodes
2022-06-02 14:30:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

I have 4 X20s running in AP mode and 1 X20 spare. When I originally set them around the house, I used all 5. I had one node in my garage that had a really poor signal. Barely one bar and it was yellow and only showed 5ghz. For some reason, it would only connect to the main Deco in my office downstairs even though there were two Decos closer with better signals. The smart devices (HomeKit) closest to that garage Deco would fail constantly. Someone on a HomeKit sub-reddit suggested removing the garage Deco completely. They said I could be oversaturating the network. I tried that and it worked. The network stabilized and my smart devices started connecting again. Normally I would leave things alone as the network is generally stable now. But the signal in my garage area is still not great and the devices connected to the nearest node tend to bounce on and offline. I'm tempted to set up the Deco that I had in the garage from scratch and try it again, but I'm worried about making more of a mess.

Is it possible to have too many nodes (oversaturate)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 0