Would You Do It Again?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Would You Do It Again?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Would You Do It Again?
Would You Do It Again?
2022-06-03 00:29:03 - last edited 2022-06-03 00:30:42

Community:

I've been reading/lurking on this forum for a while.   Just returned a bunch of FEIT smart switches (shudder), this product family seems pretty diverse and relatively inexpensive so at this moment it's a prime candidate.  But it sure seems like the end-user is at least the majority of the QC / Product Testing that gets done.  I don't want to beat any drums, but wowza.  As is pretty consistent with other posters from the IT world, WTF?  Most of us would get flayed for the lack of product testing being done.

But then again, the stuff is truly inexpensive and that comes at a cost.   I surely realize I've no right to expect champaign at boxed wine prices, but I'd like to buy a case of good bottle wine that's not too expensive...

Granted cost vs hassle is different for each of us, but still:  For those of you with fairly complete systems and some extended use, if you had it to offer again would you?  Or would you drop it like a stone and spend more money for more stability, and QC testing?

Please don't vent on TP/Kasa in your response (or me).   Each business has it's niche, I'm just wondering how many of you are satisfied enough to do it again.

TIA!

-d

Options
1 Reply
Re:Would You Do It Again?
2022-06-07 19:42:57

@dafish Yes I'd do it again, in fact I am planning on doing it again now.  I just moved into a new house and currently purchasing light switches as they go on sale at Amazon.  Three switchces for $34 is a pretty good price compared to what they used to be.  I then plan on using SmartThings to help program routines such as turning off a bathroom light after 30 mins.  Kasa has this feature but only allows 3 of them at this time.   I also installed one of their motion sensor lights for my closet.   Its very handy and comes with the ability to turn off after a certain amount of time.   I'm also going to install Kasa cameras again.

Ryan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1

Related Articles