trouble getting mesh network setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-16 17:25:25
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have the Deco x60 and I am attempting to connect it to a Verizon LTE router. I managed to get it connected but could not access the internet when connecting to it. I have connected the ethernet cable directly to my laptop and I can access the internet that way as well as the wifi connection thru the Verizon router. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:trouble getting mesh network setup
2022-06-17 13:02:20 - last edited 2022-06-17 13:02:43

I THINK that the Verizon box is actually its own modem/router combo. So in essence you have to do one of two things; 1. shut off the "router" portion of the Verizon box so it operates solely as a modem and then use the Deco units, or 2. turn the deco units into Access Points (APs) which is done through the Deco app settings. If my hunch is correct, both are operating as the wireless router and could be throwing conflicting signals (networks) out that is causing the internet issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1

Related Articles