Verizon Home with Deco Mesh - printer trouble

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-20 21:45:03 - last edited 2022-06-30 21:22:53
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 20210819 Rel.043499

Connected everything to new Verizon 5G Home network and everything worked great.  Now after a week I have one laptop that cannot print to either printer that is on the same network.  The laptop has internet and can find the printers -  HP 8600 all in one printer and Brother printer.  But it errors and says the printer is not connected. 

On the laptop that is working fine when I go to view the network I can see the printers but I cannot see the other laptop.  Is this part of the problem?  File sharing and printing is on the non-printing laptop (at least it shows that service on the network connection). 

On the deco app the non-printing laptop shows offline but on the laptop it shows that it is connected to the same network.  

I printed the printer set up on the HP and it all shows good except it says multiple network names.  Can this be the problem?  If so how do I fix it.  

I have removed the printer, updated drivers, restarted, etc.  It worked at one time and now it doesn't work.  Any ideas?  

Help is appreciated.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Verizon Home with Deco Mesh - printer trouble
2022-06-20 22:57:55

@BrendaSM,

From what it initially sounds like, the computer is not able to communicate with the printer once the network info is changed for the device, as your computer is anticipating a different address than what is currently assigned. I would recommend trying to set up an address reservation for your printer to see if your computer will stay connected. Otherwise, I would be inclined to believe that this is a setting on your computer since the printers are reachable via the other computer.

The TP-Link USA QA and Support Team
Options
2022-06-21 15:39:48

@BrendaSM    Should it be a reserved address on the laptop for the printer and how do I do that?  

Options
2022-06-21 18:22:43

@BrendaSM,

I apologize, I completely forgot to add a link on where to find the setting. You will first want to try and set an address reservation through the Deco App, and then set up your printer on your computer again.

​​​​​​​The FAQ for this process can be found here: Address Reservation through the Deco App

Options
2022-06-22 19:33:23
Thank you - I will try this
Options
2022-06-28 21:46:49

@Riley_S

The laptop can find the printer with the static IP and I send documents to print and it says successful printing but nothing prints.  (I can print from my other laptop fine.)  It's the laptop for some reason can't print to either printer.  I disconnected the laptop from the network - forget network - re connected it to same network as both printers.  It didn't help.

Next move is to switch that laptop to Windows 11 and see if it fixes itself.  

Any other ideas are welcome.  Right now my husband is emailing documents to me and then I can print them on his printer.  At least we can get his things printed.  

Options
2022-06-30 21:22:46 - last edited 2022-06-30 21:22:53

@BrendaSM 

Still having trouble with this laptop.  It connects to the internet but it cannot print.  It has to be the laptop.  Loaded Windows 11 still having same trouble.  

Could it be that the laptop is connected to the Verizon router and not the deco unit? Both have the same network name and password.  The laptop does appear on the Deco app as connected along with the two printers that it cannot print to.  

Any suggestions for what to do next?

Thank you

Options
2022-07-05 18:29:23

@BrendaSM,

Are you currently running two separate networks with the same name?
If so, it would appear as though you have might be having an issue with Double NAT, which can cause many weird issues like this. When using a separate router alongside a Gateway(modem/router combo) provided by your ISP, we always recommend disabling the wireless network on the device provided by the ISP and relying on the wireless signal of the router. 

To change this setting, you will have to access the settings for your modem by Verizon, and either find a setting called Bridge Mode, or a setting to disable the network of the modem. I would think that this would fix any problems such as your printer issue, and would explain why one printer could print, while the other could not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 900

Replies: 7

Related Articles