Very slow wireless and wired speeds on Archer A7 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-22 15:11:33
Tags: #Slow WiFi speed
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am trying to help a friend with his internet connection speed and I have confirmed, using another router and modem, through swapping, that indeed the speed problem lies with the Archer A7 Router.  With a different router, I can get speeds in excess of 250 - 400 MBs on Comcast service.  With the A7 attached, I'm getting 10-15 MBs on wireless and around 45 MBs wired.  I have followed suggestions on this board of changing NAT Boost and a variety of other settings, but have not had any luck improving this.  The strange thing is that it was providing fast speeds when first connected months ago but then degraded to this.  He doesn't have this plugged into a surge suppressor, so I wondered if maybe a lightning strike nearby or something else may have caused a surge to damage the router.  But, I would think any damage from a surge would likely disable the router altogether and not just slow it down.  Any suggestions for me of settings or something else that may help improve speed?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 0

Tags

Slow WiFi speed